Indonesian Conference on Biomaterials 2014
in conjunction with
Regional Biomaterials Scientific Meeting 2014
“Toward Applied Biomaterials for Reconstructive and Regenerative Medicine”
18 – 19 September 2014, Surabaya, Indonesia
| Download Leflet |
The advancement of biomaterials research and engineering in Indonesia need more acceleration to inline with state of the art of world research and development on biomaterials. In application field, it is even more effort required according to the fact that more than 90% of medical products are imported, with most of the products involved biomaterials as important parts. In the mean time, the research and development in the past 5 years has been increasing, involving researchers and engineers from government institutions and academia from many universities. To support the acceleration and the integration that will lead to development of national medical products, it is necessary to provide a forum which gathers all national stake holders to build mutual understanding, to share information, resources and roles, and to go with national development direction to the final goal of welfare of the nation.
Indonesian Biomaterials Society, established in 2012, is going to hold the forum by presenting the Indonesian Biomaterials Conference 2014 in conjunction with The 2nd Regional Biomaterials scientific meeting 2014 In this conference, we are collaborating with institutions, universities and stake holders to organize 2 days conference.
The purposes of the conference are:
- to provide a forum for scientific discussion, professional networking, research collaboration, education, and dissemination of scientific tific research, innovation and industrial products.
- to increase the quality of research and development in biomaterials science and technology for local, regional and international scientists or academia.
- to encourage the local and regional young scientists to attend and present their works at the regional/international level of biomaterials conference.
Program and Conference
The 2-days conference will consist of 11 plenary lectures and poster session, given by outstanding scientists and whose exceptionally creative work opens up new frontiers for biomaterials science and industrial applications. In addition, there will be two poster sessions allowing for the viewing of a large number of poster presentations. Each poster session will cover the whole topics in Biomaterials Science and Technology. The posters will be separately presented during two days of conference in order to efficiently offer chances to all poster presenters to attract attention of their work.
Meeting scope includes
- Synthesis, Modeling, Characterizations, and Applications of Biomaterials (Metals, Ceramics, Polymers)
- Surface Modification of Biomaterials
- Development of Testing Method on Biomaterials
- Development of Sterilization Method on Biomaterials
- Nano Composite Dental Restorative Materials
Keynote speaker :
Prof. Akihiko Chiba (Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Japan)
- Dr. Endang Bachtiar (Universitas Indonesia)
- Dr. Ferdiansyah (Universitas of Airlangga)
- Prof. Dr. Ismail Ab. Rahman (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
- Assoc Professor Dr. Zainul Ahmad Rajion Universiti Sains Malaysia)
- Prof. Dr. Sam’an Malik Masudi (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
- Dr. Dwikora Novembri Utomo (Soetomo Hospital)
- DR. Decky Indrani (Universitas Indonesia)
- Dr. Norman Zainal (Linnorth Indonesia)
- DR. Yuniarti Syafril (Universitas Indonesia)
- Prof. Darminto (Sepuluh November Institute of Technology)
- Prof. Dr. Andanastuti Muchtar* (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
- Closing of abstract submission: June 1st , 2014
- Acceptance notification: June 15st , 2014
- Closing of full paper submission: July 15st , 2014
ABSTRACT & FULLPAPER SUBMISSION
Authors are invited to submit an abstract NOT exeeding 250 words.
Call for Original Article (OA), Case Report (CR) and Literature Review (LR) Papers.
More information on Instruction for authors is available at: www.seminarbiomaterial2014.com
Papers can be submitted via email to: email@example.com.
Selected papers determined by reviewers board will be offered to be published in International journal :
1. Journal of Pysical Science (Indexed in Scopus)
2. Archives of Orofacial Science
3. Journal of Dentistry Indonesia (www.jdentistry.ui.ac.id)
4. Indonesian Journal of Material Sciences (Jusami.batan.go.id)
| >>> Further information please Download Leflet |